Last Updated: September 30, 2020
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us: We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, request information, leave a comment, send us an email, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include: your name, email address, postal address, phone number, demographic information, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site: When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information We Collect From Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including:
- As necessary to provide the Site or otherwise perform a service for you, including to: provide, maintain and improve our Site; provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices; send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages; and respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- For our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests, where not outweighed by your rights and freedoms, including to: communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by CAF and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site; personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; protect the security of our Site; to facilitate a merger or sale of company assets; and establish, exercise, defend or otherwise protect legal rights;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which you give us your consent.
CAF is based in the United States. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the transfer of information in and to the US.
Sharing of Information
We share information as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of CAF or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Promotional Communications: In order to receive promotional messages from CAF, you must opt-in and confirm your email address to be subscribed to our list. You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from CAF by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your European Rights
If you are located in Europe, including the European Economic Area, EU or UK, you may be entitled to additional rights under European data protection law. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Where required by applicable law, we will inform you and seek your consent (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You often can exercise your right to prevent such processing by indicating your marketing preferences on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise your rights by contacting us using the Contact Us section on our Site.
Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request correction of your personal information
- Request erasure of your personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information
- Request restriction of processing your personal information
- Request the disclosure or porting of your personal information to a third party
- Withdraw your consent, where our processing is based on your consent
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the Contact Us section of our Site.
Other Privacy Rights
CAF operates globally and may need to transfer personal information that is collected on the Site or through other means to various CAF offices to operate our business efficiently. This could include third parties located in different countries around the world, including the United States, the European Economic Area, Asia, Africa, and Latin America. These arrangements may involve your personal information being transferred to various countries around the world where privacy laws differ and do not offer equivalent protections to the laws where you live.